Wimpys Little Step Becomes an NRHA Six Million Dollar Sire
By Hayley Lewallen – April 10, 2014 – Oklahoma City, Okla. – In 10 months after achieving the five million dollar mark, Wimpys Little Step has become the National Reining Horse Association’s (NRHA) newest Six Million Dollar Sire. This makes him the fourth horse to earn such a prestigious title and puts him in the ranks alongside Smart Chic Olena, Topsail Whiz, and Hollywood Dun It.
The 2011 NRHA Hall of Fame Inductee is by Two Million Dollar Sire and Hall of Fame Inductee Nu Chex To Cash and out of Leolita Step by Forty Seven. Wimpys Little Step is owned by NRHA Corporate Partner Xtra Quarter Horses, LLC in Purcell, Okla. where he currently stands. With limited showing in 2002, ridden by NRHA’s only Five Million Dollar Rider Shawn Flarida, Wimpys Little Step racked up an impressive show record with NRHA Lifetime Earnings of over $185,000.
His top earning progeny include:
- Wimpys Little Chic (Wimpys Little Step x Collena Chic Olena by Smart Chic Olena): $514,700 NRHA LTE, bred by Double Run Farm, currently owned by NRHA Million Dollar Owner Arcese Quarter Horses U.S.A.; NRHA’s current lifetime earning’s leader and the only horse to consecutively win the NRHA Futurity, National Reining Breeders Classic (NRBC) and NRHA Derby; 2007 NRHA Futurity Level(L) 4 Open Champion, 2008 NRBC L4 Open Champion, 2008 NRHA Derby L4 Open Champion, 2009 NRBC L4 Open Reserve Champion and Open Mare Champion, 2010 NRBC L4 Open Reserve Champion and Open Mare Champion, 2012 NRHA Hall of Fame Inductee
- RC Fancy Step (Wimpys Little Step x Sonita Wilson by Doc Wilson): $361,800 NRHA LTE, bred by Bernie Paetzel, currently owned by Molly Morgenstern; 2007 All American Quarter Horse Congress Futurity L4 Open Champion, 2008 Wimpys Little Step Derby L4 Open Champion, 2008 NRBC L4 Open Reserve Champion, 2009 Wimpys Little Step Derby L4 Open Champion, 2009 NRHA Derby L4 Open Champion, 2010 Wimpys Little Step Derby L4 Open Champion, 2010 Alltech™ FEI World Equestrian Games Team Gold Medalist
- Wimpyneedsacocktail (Wimpys Little Step x Seven S Mimosa by Hollywood Dun It): $280,300 NRHA LTE, owned by NRHA Corporate Partner Xtra Quarter Horses LLC; 2010 NRHA Futurity L2 Open Champion, 2012 AQHA World Championship Show Junior Reining Reserve Champion, 2013 NRBC L4 Open Champion and L3 Open Champion, NRHA Derby L3 Open Reserve Champion, and AQHA World Championship Show Senior Reining Reserve Champion
- Wimpys Little Buddy (Wimpys Little Step x All Thats Dun by Hollywood Dun It): $258,200 NRHA LTE, currently owned by Madalyn Roberts; 2010 NRBC L4 Non Pro third place, 2011 NRBC Challenge Open Champion, 2011 Cactus Reining Classic Maturity Challenge L4 Open Champion, 2011 Reining By The Bay Maturity L4 Open Champion, 2012 AQHA World Championship Show Senior Horse finalist
- Show Me The Buckles (Wimpys Little Step x Sunset Whiz by Topsail Whiz): $143,500 NRHA LTE, bred by Michael Boyle, currently owned by Rebeca Martin; 2011 High Roller Reining Classic Futurity L4 Open Reserve Champion, 2011 NRHA Futurity L4 Open Reserve Champion, 2013 NRHA Derby L4 Open finalist and High Roller Reining Classic Derby L4 Open third place